.

.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Santo Domingo Week 18


Us Elders in Vigan, looking Gwapo and staring off into space.
Me at a family home evening and on exchanges with Elder Hantanosas.


 Elder Williams and me in a Tricycle and we are being gwapo.





 "Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love — time is eternity"(Henry van Dyke)

Kumusta Francis Family,

Happy Birthday Mom -  Mahal Kita.  I hope your birthday was good and you had fun.  What did you do for your birthday this year?

I am Buhay Pa, the typhoon didn't hit us which is really good, but I heard about some of the other places in the Philippines and it was pretty bad.  Houses were destroyed and buildings, homes, peoples belongings were taken away from them.  I don't know if anyone got hurt yet, but everybody is still happy always and full of love and peace.  They are happy and grateful for the things they have, even when they have so little, they are grateful and happy for the little things  because it means so much to them.

This week has been great.  Monday we went to the zoo and that was a lot of fun, and then we went shopping in Heritage in Vigan for souvenirs.   I will be sending a box home for you guys for Christmas. We had Family home Evening with some of the members for a birthday party, which is so much fun.  We play games and the losers have to do something that embarrasses them.  So I lost and I had to spell my last name with my butt.  It was so weird but it's so funny to watch and it makes me laugh. We also got bikes, which is great for our area.  We have far areas, but now with bikes it takes shorter time to travel there.  My legs hurt, and my body is hurting a lot. On Thursday we traveled to Cabugao for district meeting and to practice our skit and the haka, which is going to be so much fun.  We travel to Laoag on Wednesday this week, it's going to be so much fun,  I will take a lot of pictures for you guys.

On Saturday we traveled to our American Investigator we found one day, he lives right by the ocean.  He is from Wisconsin and is super tall.  He loves to spear fish and the ocean.  He is 6"5 and he used to be a principal and superintendent at school. We traveled out to him on our bikes, which was a fun ride.  He is such a good investigator.  He reads a lot and he is looking up information about our church, we will visit him one more time before Elder Williams goes home. On the way back, my chain on my bike broke, so we had to get a tricycle ride back.  My bike has been having a lot of problems. My pedals have fallen off three times. But we got it fixed now, so we can ride our bikes to our appointments. But everything is going well, we get chased by dogs on our bikes in the dark which is scary and fun. We ride as fast as we can. This week will be fun, we have Family home evening tomorrow night and travel to Laoag on Wednesday to Thursday, and probably some other things too.  We are going to try to get a lot of pictures and lunch appointments with members before Elder Williams goes home. So these next couple of weeks will be a lot of fun and hard work. 

How is everything going for you guys?  How is the family, school for Emily, and Dad's work? 
I want to hear how everything is going, the weather, the ward, the family, and pictures. 

I will send the box next week, so I don't know when it will get there, but Merry Christmas, and thank you for the boxes and e-mails. 
Mahal Kita Elder Francis 

No comments:

Post a Comment