.

.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Santo Domingo Week 25






Dear Francis Family,
I am doing great and having a lot of fun these past couple of weeks with Elder Aagard. We have been having a lot of fun and been working hard. This last week has been our best week so far.  We had a lot of lessons and a lot of new investigators too.  We have been all over the place and been talking to all we see. 
We have seen a lot of cool things. I saw a monkey which was really cool because we bought some bread and gave a little piece to him.  He is up in the tree and he caught the little piece of bread with his hands and feet and then started eating it. We also have been taking a lot of pictures because I might be getting transferred this next week.  I hope not because I really love the branch I am in now and the people and how many friendships I have made too. 
We had a Family Home Evening with some of the branch members which was really fun we shared a little message, then played games which are always fun, then ate some masarap food, like bigas or rice and some pinakbet and bagnet and adobo.  I love the food here and how good it tastes. 
Myla is doing really great she said yes to her baptismal date and she said she will prepare for it and she said she will come to church this week too.  Emerson is doing great too, he has been really busy with his job and it's been hard to find time to teach him, but he said he will come to church this week too. So I hope we will have a lot of people there for maybe my last Sunday in Santo Domingo Branch. 


We are in Laoag right now, which is really exciting to be back here again seeing some old buddies from the MTC, and being here for our P-day.   The speakers are going to be Elder Hawks and Elder Ardern from the Seventy which is really exciting because Elder Ardern's son was my seminary teacher at home.  So he might remember me. The bus ride from Santo Domingo to here was long but fun seeing the country and all the bukids and people working and seeing God's creation. Me and Elder Aagard are having a lot of fun together as a companionship and we work really hard together.  We love to laugh and love to talk to each other. Santo Domingo is really a great place for my 1st area and I love the branch and all of the people we teach.  I have made such good friends and memories here. I am going to get my haircut next week in Vigan and spend my last day maybe in Vigan for P-day and just having fun and saying my goodbyes if I leave. 


It sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun.  How was the Super Bowl? Who won the game? How is the family doing and the ward doing? How are all your students doing and how is Emily liking school and soccer?  It sounds like she is the best player out there and the cutest or Maganda (beautiful), and most hard working or (masipag), and she really is a hard player and is always smiling and happy.  I love hearing how much fun you guys are having and how the family is doing and what you guys are up to. Tell dad to be safe when he travels and to have fun and to smile and be happy, that is something I have learned here in the Philippines -  be happy for all the little things you have in life and smile and say hi to everyone and just love everyone. The Filipino people are all so mabait and makulit and masipag and full of love and hope and they are all so grateful for all the little things they have in life. 


So I am loving it here, the language is still pretty hard but it is coming day by day.  I am learning a lot, I feel like I'm struggling in the language and can't speak too much and understand too much either. But I am trying my best and working hard and loving the Philippines. Keep having fun and sending pictures too. 

Mahal kita at Ay-Ayaten ka at Ingat po Palagi 
Elder Francis

P.S. I need some after shave and deodorant and some ties. I did get your boxes that you sent.  Thank you very much. 









No comments:

Post a Comment