.

.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Batac Week 52











Naimbag nga malem o Magandang hapon Po Francis Family,

This week has been a week of laughter, hard work, and some scary things too. But I am loving the mission life and I almost have a year left like wow!!! The thing I have learned here on my mission is the attitude you have for the work is the attitude you have for the Lord, I love the work of the Lord and love being able to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with others and seeing the lives of others change. 
 
 
 
Being a zone leader really is hard sometimes but really fun too, because we get to work with the district leader and their areas and we get to see how our zone is doing and the missionaries too. Being a zone leader really takes a big responsibility and takes a lot of obedience too.  But exact obedience brings blessings and miracles. 
 
 
This week it did rain a lot and we got drenched in rain and my shoes were full of water. Some things that happened this week were on Saturday was the best day ever.  In the morning we went finding and saw two white girls walking into the big church and we said hi to them and they are from Germany and they asked us where we were from and what we are doing here in the Philippines. I told them I am from America and one of the girls said ahhh I hate Americans.  Then we kept on walking and saw a Joe (American), he was coaching basketball and he was saying some funny things like don't call your own fouls and if you're not bleeding it is not a foul. 
 
 
Then we went to 7-eleven and this guy that was drunk came in and he talked to me in English and asked hey joe where you from.  I said America and he said to me, "I am from America" and he fell over from how drunk he was like hahaha. 
 
 
Then last of all we were teaching one of our investigators named Nelson and he was drunk and we laughed so hard with him and he said to us that Jesus Christ talked to him and said to love the world and the people. Then he said to us he is looking for the golden book and he started to sing to Michael Jackson and we were just laughing so hard night we a  
 
 
That night we went home and we were all sitting in our chairs and were talking and nail clippers got thrown against Elder Tago's desk and we have no clue who threw it or where it came from and we think it was Lucy, she has been kinda of mad lately. That was just on Saturday -  what a fun day. But I  really love being able to serve a mission here in the Laoag Philippines mission and being able to meet new people everyday and being able to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with others. I have also eaten some weird food this week too like frog feet and intestines and cock roaches and last of all snake (cobra).  What a good week and I have eaten so much more that might gross you out so I won't tell you hahaha. But it sounds like you guys have had a great summer but it wasn't  long enough for you.   Emily is doing great and scored a GOAL like that is my little sister. I am so proud of her.  Tell everybody I say hi and I am doing great.  Ask Emily if any of her teachers know me or her seminary teachers. I love you all and miss you all too. Stay safe. 

Ay-Ayaten ka at ingat po kayo palagi. 
Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment