.

.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Magapit/Cagayan Week 69


 








Maligayang pasko (tagalog)
Naimbag a Pascua (Ilocano)
Nga Pascua (ybanag)
Merry Christmas (English)

That is Merry Christmas in four different languages that they speak here in Cagayan. So Merry Christmas Francis Family.  Everything is going great here in Cagayan and Magapit because we just had two baptisms this last week and they were both children ages 8 and 10. I baptized E. E. Macapulay.  She is a sweet 8 year old girl that has the sweetest voice and she is super cute and very friendly.  She was so excited to get baptized and she was super happy for me to be the one to baptize her.  Then I confirmed her the next day and gave her the Holy Ghost.  This was my first time in my mission doing it, I was a little scared but really happy and the spirit guided me what to say and everything went well. Then Elder Lobaton baptized V. Molero, a boy aged 10.  He is super funny and really kind and he was excited to get baptized too.  They both said after their baptism, the water was so cold.  They got to bear their testimonies with a little help from some of the members but they did a great job and I was so excited to see them make this decision to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized.   I can see how much the gospel will help them throughout their lives.

Also this week I got to go on exchanges with Elder Peck, the one from my high school class.  I worked in his area and at night time he took me to an area of his and he said okay Elder Francis we need to cross a river to get to our investigators and I was like what, how are we going to cross the river, the water is clear up to our stomach and we will get wet. But when we got there, there was a boat that we took to cross the river and it was so cool to cross a river on a boat -  to cross from one side to the other to reach our investigators.  That was my first time in my mission ever crossing a river and especially by boat. So that was a great experience for me and I took a video of us in the boat crossing the river.  We had a great time and found a lot of people to teach.

Also this last week we found a lot of people to teach like students - but all girls, because the girls like to listen to us.  We found one girl that is really good named Maica Pelotin age 21,  and she really likes listening to our message and the second time we shared with her, she started to cry and I could tell the spirit was testifying to her of our message and she said when we left to always come back and never to forget her, she really wants the gospel in her life and wants to change her life. So we will see what happens and hopefully get more baptisms to come.

Elder Lobaton is doing great as a trainee and a good teacher and example to me and others.  Us four in the apartment are great and we mess around with each other and play jokes and have a good time. The members here in Magapit are great and I love them all and love to work with the us.   Bro. Bhong is a great fellowshiper and loves to take pictures with missionaries.   He has over 15,000 pictures of missionaries and loves it. So all the pictures are on my Facebook.  That is one problem -  I can't send pictures to you anymore because there are so many viruses her in Cagayan and it will delete my pictures. So I would just get the pictures from him on facebook and put them on my blog. Or give me my password to Facebook and I can get the pictures to you. Yes at the end of this week on Saturday we have our branch Christmas party and I am super excited.  After the party we will travel to Laoag and on Sunday I might be going to Piddig for church with Elder Lobaton, so that will be exciting and the Christmas party for the mission is next week on Monday and Tuesday.  I am super excited and can't wait to see what we are going to do for it.

Christmas is coming so fast and i am super excited for it.   I was wondering if you could send more CTR rings for the children here like a lot - at least 50 to 75 for gifts and then chocolate and lolli pops and candy or cute gifts for children and my companions from America. Thank you and I wish you guys a great week and I will be skyping you next week on Thursday or Friday so I am super excited for that. 

I love you all and miss you all so much, take care Francis Family. 

Ay-Ayaten ka o mahal kita.
Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment