.

.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Laoag Week 88

Good Afternoon Francis Family,

I have missed you all so much and I am sorry I didn't get to e-mail you last week.  Traveling from Cagayan to here in Laoag was such a long ride on a bus.  We traveled last Monday morning at 5:30 and got to Laoag at 12:05 at night.  We went to McDonald's that night then went to sleep in a hotel. So now I am with Elder Andon and he is from Guam.  He is super friendly and so funny, his laugh makes me laugh and we get along so well.  We are both loving our area here in Laoag 5. 
 
 
Since I have been here in Laoag 5 I have had some funny things happen to me.  I had a nanay flirt with me -  she said "Americano ka at sinabi ko sa kanya, opo nanay americano ako at sinabi nya sa akin ang gwapo naman." She asked me if I was American and I said yes to her and she told me I looked really handsome. So that was really funny and she wanted to take a picture with me so I did.  She was flirting with me - I guess that's what I get for being so pogi (handsome) hahaha. 
 
 
Also this week me and Elder Andon were finding and we saw a girl and she saw me and took off running and started screaming americano!  Then we were teaching a girl and she was peeking over the wall and kept on calling me Justin Bieber and she wanted me to sing for her.  Then she asked if she could take a picture with me and so I allowed it. So those were some of the weird things that happened to me this last week. 
 
 
I gave my first training as a district leader about our last day here in the mission field and to go home with no regrets.  I really focused on our purpose as missionaries and how we need to be consecrated and full time missionaries and we need to serve the lord with our full heart, might, mind and strength. That's what I want to do with my last couple months of my mission - to do the best I can and to enjoy the last months I have and to leave my mission with no regrets. 
 
 
I love being able to be a district leader here in Bantay District and I really have the best district ever.  And they are the funnest district ever. But I am really loving it here in Laoag and i love working with Elder Andon and the good example he is to me and how much fun we are having.  I am just enjoying the last couple months I have left. One scripture that I love that I read is here in D&C 58:16-  "Behold his mission is given unto him, and it shall not be given again." I take this every day into my mission life and into my mind, how I am a missionary for 2 years only and I will never be able to live this two years again and I need to "live each day like it is my last", and to go home with no regrets to do the best I can and just enjoy every day I have. I love being here on a mission and all the things I am learning - all the memories and miracles I have seen and how much my testimony has grown.  I have seen how much the gospel can change the lives of others and it really is God's plan for us and this plan is full of happiness and joy and when we choose to accept this plan or follow it in our lives we will have joy and happiness in this life.
 
 
 I miss you all so much and I am happy to hear you are all safe and enjoying life.  I will be skyping you in two weeks - like wow times flies by so fast. So I love you all and wish you all the best. 

Mahal ko kayo at ingat kayo palagi. 

Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment