.

.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Laoag Week 89






Naimbag nga bigat kabsat o magandang umaga po Francis Family,

This week has been great and been a lot of hard work.  It has been super super hot and I am always sweating and really tired. But this week me and Elder Andon are focusing on two less actives Tatay E. is one of them he is super funny and when we share with him we talk about missionary work and Christ being our light and how him being the only member in  his family he is a good example and a light to others.  We listened to him bear his testimony to us about Christ being our savior and how he knows Christ lives. His testimony is super strong and he really is a good example to me and his family.

The other less active family, the M. family, we are trying to prepare nanay and tatay for the temple so they can be sealed together as a family and we shared with them Helaman 10:7- and talked about being sealed together here on earth and after life.  I testified that families can live together forever and "A family that prays together stays together." I told them the center of God's plan is the family and he wants all of us to be happy and return to him.

So that was our focus this last week. We have two investigators who are both children who we are trying to focus on.  Also Sister P. C. and her brother R. C., we are almost done teaching them the lessons.  We are really trying to build their faith in Christ and their testimony -  trying to make it stronger. When they put their trust in Christ and have faith in him they will feel the love of God for them and they will see the blessings they will get from him.

Also this week we taught a boy named I. M.  He is a less active and he really has a messed up life and hasn't been to church in two years and we shared with him about Enduring to the End and talked about how we need to be steadfast in Christ and how we need to endure to the end, by keeping God's commandments, keeping the Sabbath day holy, praying always, and reading the scriptures every day. At the end of our lesson he gave the most beautiful testimony about CPR and he said this quote to us I will never forget "It's easy to become a Mormon but it is hard to live it." I really took this to myself and really thought about what he meant and as a member of this church others look at us as good examples and the things we do. We need to choose the right and when we make a mistake or choose the wrong, others see that.  We need to live the gospel everyday and when he bore his testimony about attending church, reading the scriptures to know the word of God and to gain a testimony about our savior and praying always for help and guidance. It was a beautiful lesson and the spirit really took over him and he shared his own testimony with us.

So this week was really good and full of miracles and blessings. When we are obedient it brings blessings and we can start to see the miracles happen. I am really trying to focus on that the most these last couple months of my mission being obedient and doing the best I can and giving my whole heart, might, mind, and strength into this work. When I come home I want to feel like I gave my best effort and I really did the best I could. This week I read a good scripture that I would like to share with you here in D&C 6:36- "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." I would like to share my testimony with you that I know Christ lives and he is our savior.  I know he is there for us when we look to him we will find the light that shines through the darkness. I know this is the true church and I know the Book of Mormon is true and I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I love being a missionary of the true church even though I get criticized or even mocked or made fun of for being a Mormon.  I know this is the true church and the blessings I have seen throughout my mission and all the memories I have had. I love you all so much and miss you all so much too. I can't wait to skype you next week and cant wait to hear your voices. Take care always. 

Mahal ko kayo at ingat kayo palagi. 
Elder Francis 


No comments:

Post a Comment