.

.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Laoag Week 92

Dear Francis Family,

This week has been really great.  I got to see some old friends from Piddig and some of my old recent converts came to church so I was super excited to see them and see how much their faith has grown and their testimony has grown and what a good example they are to me.  I really saw how much the gospel brings happiness and joy to others.  When we live the gospel, by it's teachings, and do what is right and follow gods commandments  -  not because we have to but because we want to and because we love him  -   we will receive blessings. 
 
 
We had stake conference last Saturday and yesterday and I received so much revelation.  They really focused on Faith in Heavenly Father and in Christ and also in His Atonement. I felt like my testimony really grew about Jesus Christ and his Atonement and a quote I remember that I heard here on my mission is "All of us need the Savior's Atonement to heal us. All of us are lost and need to be found." I would like testify about this, that I know that through Christ's Atonement we can be healed.  He knows we are not perfect.  The challenges and trials we have bring us sadness and hopelessness but through the Atonement that our Savior went through for us we can be healed and cleansed from our sin. 
 
 
I know that Jesus Christ gave his life for me and you because he loves us and he loved his father and he was willing to take all of the world's sins on him and was crucified for us.  I know that Jesus Christ is our savior and Redeemer because he gave his own life for us.   I know that salvation was not a cheap experience and no one else could have gone through so much pain and sorrow except for our Lord Jesus Christ. So that is what I learned from our stake conference. 
 
 
This week we talked to Precious and Richard and they really want to get baptized, but we need to talk with their parents and see what they say.   Hopefully they say yes. We are praying for them and we will be talking to them tomorrow so we will see what happens with them.  If they say yes we will have two baptisms on Saturday. So we are really excited for that. So the mission has gone by so fast.  I have like 12 weeks left.  Like wow,  I can't believe it and my last 12 weeks I just want to go hard every day and just give it my all and to be able to come home with honor. I want to give the best I can and  know that missionary work is not easy but it is absolutely worth it. Missionary work really is hard and it really requires a lot of prayer, fasting, and hard work. I have seen so many miracles in my last 21 months and have seen the blessings.  When I saw my recent converts yesterday getting ready to serve a mission or enter the temple, it made me cry and I was so happy to see them and how much  the gospel of Jesus Christ has changed their lives.  So that was my good week that I had and I am super excited to see how the next 12 weeks go.  I will continue to endure to the end and be the missionary the Lord wants me to be. I love you all so much and miss you all so much too.  Take care always and stay safe. 

Mahal ko kayo at ingat kayo palagi. 

Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment