.

.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Laoag Week 94












 
 
Naimbag nga bigat 
Magandang Tanghali po Francis Family, 

This week has been really great and full of working really hard an having some cool experiences and memories that I would like to share with you in this e-mail. So this last week is the week Elder Gabuyo arrived here in Laoag, on Tuesday, and then we went straight out to work and he got to meet the members.  We talked about where Jesus talks to Simon Peter, one of his apostles, about feeding his sheep.  I really took these scriptures to myself and I love what Jesus says to him "lovest thou me more than these?"  I thought about my mission life and how sometimes we can easily get distracted by the worldly things.  All the trials that are out there in the world can pull us in, even when we  feel homesick or we are doing something that makes us not what the lord wants us to be, that is putting the worldly things first, then God.   So I need to take this scripture and remember to always put Christ first and always do what he wants me to do and show my love for him by being obedient and being diligent and doing His will, not mine.   I also like when he says well, "Feed my sheep." That is our responsibility as members to rescue the less actives and bring them back unto Christ and do all we can to help them feel God's love, and help them understand how important the gospel is in their life and help them return to Christ. 
 
 
So that was one cool experience we had this week.  We found a less active and we talked about these scriptures and explained about how much God loves him and when we put God first we will be blessed.  After we shared this scripture, he said he felt a warm peace or joy in his heart and he felt different -  something like he has not felt in while. So the spirit really talked to him and told him how much God loves him and how important the gospel is in his life. 
 
 
This week my testimony strengthened more about how the blessings the gospel brings to our lives.  I know God loves each and every one of us.  He knows what we are feeling.   He knows what is in our minds and hearts, and he is the only one that can help us feel happy.  Through prayer we can talk to him and we can express our love and gratitude to him and he can help us overcome our challenges and problems that we are going through. 
 
I've also been reading some talks lately and there is one that I really liked.  The topic was "Obedience Brings Blessings".  It says "There is no need for you or for me, in this enlightened age when the fullness of the gospel has been restored, to sail uncharted seas or to travel unmarked roads in search of truth. A loving Heavenly Father has plotted our course and provided an unfailing guide- even obedience. A knowledge of truth and answers to our greatest questions come to us as we are obedient to the commandments of God."   So I would like to say when we obey all of gods commandments and show our love to him, we will be blessed spiritually and we will receive the answers we might have to our concerns in our life and we will feel the love of our Father in Heaven. 
 
 
So that is what has happened this last week.  I have been enjoying these last couple of days and yesterday I got to do splits and work in Piddig.  I got to see my recent converts again and feel their  love for me and see how much their testimonies have grown.  They threw a party for me and we had a huge lunch at the Benito's home. So that was really exciting for me and I am just enduring now and really trying hard to do my best and enjoy my last 11 weeks left. I love you all so much and miss you all too and can't wait to hear from you next week. 

Mahal ko kayo at ingat kayo palagi 
Elder Francis 

No comments:

Post a Comment