.

.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Laoag Week 96

First of all,  HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!!! I love you so much dad and wish you a Happy late Father's Day.   Thank you for being the best example to me and always encouraging me to do the best I can and always being there for me through the hard times.  You really are the best dad anyone could ever ask for. 

Well this week has been great and I really am enjoying my studies every week because I have been reading in the Liahona lately and been uplifted by the talks that are given.  I feel the spirit really talk to me and I really enjoy reading the words given by our Prophet and the Apostles. So something I  read this week which tied into what President Monson said about Choices, I read a talk from Elder Neil L. Andersen and he talked about "Faith is not by chance, but by choice." First of all he asked two really good questions to us all.  The first he said was 1. Where is your faith? The second was 2. How does the savior see my faith? So I took these two questions and really applied them to myself.  Sometimes during the mission life I put my faith in myself and say I can do this by myself and I get selfish or sometimes we put our faith in the worldly things and we lose our faith in Christ and Heavenly Father. 
 
 
I really liked what it talked about and the second question how does the Savior see our faith?  Do we really trust in him and do we really love him?  If we do we are showing our faith in him? When we keep his commandments and serve him we are showing our faith to him. So serving a mission really has made me realize me that Jesus Christ lives and he is there and I really believe he is my savior and Redeemer. I believe that through Christ's Atonement we can be forgiven of our sins and Jesus Christ went through so much for us.  He knows our pains and troubles.  I really apply this to my mission life when everything seems so hard and when everything is so stressful and when I pray I can feel his help and when he had to carry his cross it makes me think he is carrying the challenges and trials I have had here on my mission and he is always there for us when we need him. 
 
 
Something else -  I like what he said about Faith: "Faith in Jesus Christ is a gift from Heaven that comes as we choose to believe, and as we seek it and hold onto it. Your faith is either growing stronger or becoming weaker, and The Future of your faith is not by chance, but by choice." I would like to talk about this last quote he said about faith is not by chance but by choice, how we live our lives increases or diminishes our faith. When we pray always and are obedient, honest, and pure in thought and deed,  these are choices we have to make to either be obedient and obey God's commandments and receive the blessings he has in store for us or disobey his commandments and miss all the blessings. Being pure in thought and deed is a big one.  We need to always let virtue garnish thy thoughts and always pray to have clean thoughts and always make sure that we are keeping God's commandments and always and doing what is right. 
 
 
Something I liked that somebody said to me this week is "it's easy to become a Mormon but hard to live the gospel." He said when he was baptized he knew it was true, but living the gospel is the hard part - always enduring to the end and always keeping God's commandments.  I like the phrase take T- Take upon his name A- Always remember him K- Keep his commandments E- Endure to the end. That is what we need to do always remember this is his church, his work and we are just instruments in his hands to help him do his work and bring salvation to others.  Always attending church and partaking of the sacrament and renewing our covenants we have made with him, always keeping his commandments even if it is hard, always repent and keep trying and enduring to the end. Always living the gospel standards, do what the lord want's us to do. 
 
 
So that is what I have really been applying to myself these last couple of days and I read this quote in a book about missionary work which I really liked and it reads " Something wonderful happens in a missionary service when he or she realizes that the calling is not about him or her; rather, it's about the Lord, his work, and Heavenly Father's children." That is my new motto: this is the Lord's work and we are here to serve him with our full heart, might, and strength, to do the best we can. Also I  read this also too "When i asked you to be a missionary, it was forever. When I asked you to see this through to the end, it was because it's not over 'til it's over, we're in this 'til the end." I want to say this to you:  we are all missionaries in the work of the lord, we have committed our life to him and serving him and helping him in his work by being a good example to others, sharing the gospel with  others, by living the gospel and the happiness and joy it brings to you when you serve him. I know that my mission has been hard and full of challenges and trials and it's really not easy but it's so worth it and I really would not miss this chance to serve the lord and serve the people here in the Philippines and show my love for others.  I know this work is true and this is His church and we are to bring the lost sheep unto him. I love being a missionary and love every moment of it. I'm enjoying the last 9 weeks I have left and am doing the best I can. I love you all so much and miss you all so much. Take Care always and stay safe. 

mahal ko kayo at ingat kayo palagi 

Elder Francis 

No comments:

Post a Comment