.

.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Piddig Week 32

Kumusta Francis Family,

This week has been a really great week.  On Tuesday we had zone conference with all the mission in Laoag, so I received some really good inspiration and motivation.  I am super excited and I love the things I learned. They talked about how hard a mission is, and how we all have hard times and we all really struggle and we all get frustrated sometimes, we just need to be patient and pray hard and the Lord will help always.  Something else I really liked is that God has a work for all of us to do.  That's true, God has a work for everybody to do, and mine is to bring others unto Christ and baptism. One of my favorite youtube videos I've been watching is the Atonement and Missionary Work.  It really uplifts me when I am down and just have no hope. 
 This is some of a talk from Elder Jeffery R. Holland and he says:  I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him? It seems to me that missionaries and mission leaders have to spend at least a few moments in Gethsemane. Missionaries and mission leaders have to take at least a step or two toward the summit of Calvary. For that reason I don’t believe missionary work has ever been easy, nor that conversion is, nor that retention is, nor that continued faithfulness is. I believe it is supposed to require some effort, something from the depths of our soul.
If He could come forward in the night, kneel down, fall on His face, bleed from every pore, and cry, “Abba, Father (Papa), if this cup can pass, let it pass,” 16 then little wonder that salvation is not a whimsical or easy thing for us. If you wonder if there isn’t an easier way, you should remember you are not the first one to ask that. Someone a lot greater and a lot grander asked a long time ago if there wasn’t an easier way.

It really is so true.  Missionary work is not supposed to be easy because salvation is not a cheap experience.  I just need to think about the things the Lord has done for me and I need to do the same back, give all my time and effort into this work and just do the best I can. This week really has been a better week and I have been praying a lot more and relying on the Atonement a lot more and thinking Jesus Christ has felt and suffered all of my trials and my afflictions and wants me to be happy and to do the best I can. 
Thank you for all of the advice, I will just be patient and pray a lot, transfers are tomorrow and Elder Aribbay is getting transferred to Cabugao and I am staying here in Piddig with Elder Liska as my next companion.  He is crazy and really loud, but the most hard working missionary ever, he finds at least 50 new investigators a week, he really is very MASIPAG, and he loves the work. So I will learn a lot from him and enjoy being his next companion. 

It sounds like you guys been having a fun week, Emily and soccer, and school, dad didn't have to travel this week, and mom is enjoying staying home.   Go out as a family and have fun for Spring Break, go take a break from work and go have fun, take the family and all go do something fun. Emily is so close to being done with school that is so crazy and how fast school year has gone by and how fast summer is coming. Dad is enjoying work and enjoying time off, and mom is off work for a little bit, go take a fun trip somewhere.  Have fun like I am here in the Philippines.  I love being here and am enjoying the work and being a servant of the Lord and being able to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people here in Piddig.  I know that this church is the only true living church today, and even if my language is still not that good, at least I can share my testimony with others and that it will touch the hearts of those I teach. 

I really miss you guys a ton and love you all, 
Ay-Ayaten ka or Mahal Kita 
Elder Francis 





No comments:

Post a Comment