.

.

Monday, March 9, 2015

Piddig Week 30





In a Jeepney traveling to Laoag
Me doing something with a buko nut



Kumusta Francis  Family and Mabuhay,

I can't believe how fast the mission goes by - it's crazy fast!  I have almost been out for 7 months.  I feel like time shoots by, but every day is a day I give myself to the Lord.  I love serving a mission and helping others.  I see how poor and such a hard life people have here in the Philippines, it's really sad but I see how much love and hope they have and they are really the happiest people ever. I love going up to people and saying would you like to hear a message about Jesus Christ, and they say yes, and then we talk about Family and how God has a plan for all of us to return back to him, and the center of that plan is The Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love seeing how much people's lives change and their happy faces after we teach them. 

This week was a fun and hard working week like always.   It's still really hot as always and I am always dying, but it does not keep me from doing this work to build up Zion. Some of our investigators are progressing but one of the Sisters has come to church for the last 3 weeks so we will be focusing on her a lot. Her name is Jeniffer, she is super Mabait and very willing to listen to our message. So we will keep working hard and trying our best to get our investigators to church. 
 
 
Our house is always loud and crazy.  Sometimes they yell at me or somebody and I have no clue what they are saying and they are always screaming and yelling. But I love them, they are really a fun group of Elders and very Masipag and Mabait. This morning we went and played basketball, which was a lot of fun, but holy cow Filipinos are too good at basketball and I am really bad, but I tried my best. It was a lot of fun and really hot and we got really sweaty. 

That's so cool to hear about the Mission Calls.  I am super excited and that is very cool to hear about two in our ward, tell them all that the mission really is the best decision ever, and you get to share a message that we know to be true and get to change others lives forever and bring a happiness to them. I really love serving a mission and changing peoples lives forever and being a servant of the lord and bringing others closer to Christ. Tell them to study Preach My Gospel and the scriptures daily, that's what you will be teaching the people and to love the people now and be excited to go out. 

I love hearing about all these fun things that you guys are doing and how much fun you are having and hearing about the Aggie basketball team and Emily and the family.   Keep me updated with the Family and Friends, and the ward. I really miss you guys a ton and love hearing from you every week. I will keep doing my best and remember that I was called of the Lord to serve here in the Philippines and "God Has A Work For Me To Do." He has a work for all of us to do. 
 
 
Love you guys and miss you a ton. 

Ay-Ayaten Ka 
Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment