.

.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Piddig Week 29

Our district in Piddig


Our 2 story house

Our living room

Eating Balut

Balut


A Jeepney

Real street ball - or dirt basketball


Working in the tomato fields


 
Hello po Francis Family, 

I am doing fantastic and loving it here in Piddig and the Philippines but it's so hot here.  I am always sweating twenty four seven and I feel gross, but my sweat towels help a lot. 
 
 
This week has been a blast.  We have been working hard, got 42 lessons this week, same as last week, and we have been crazy in the apartment with three Filipinos and one American. It gets loud and crazy, but I love the Elders.  They are so Makulit, Mabait, Masipag. We are teaching a lot of people we have three girls that we teach that we are focusing on because they have baptismal dates in April.   Sis. Ivy, and Sis. Rochelle, and Sis. Monalisa -  all very Mabait, and willing to listen.  Our biggest problem is getting them to come to church, but we will keep working and the work will be done if we are exactly obedient. 
 
 
I love the Elders in my apartment.  They try to scare me a lot like last night me and Elder Aribbay got home and I thought the other elders were not home so I go upstairs and open the door and there is Elder Liska  - Booooo!!!  It scared me so bad, but I love them, they really are helping me a lot with the language and I'm loving Filipino food - like rice three meals a day. 
 
 
This morning we did service in the Tomato Field, it was a lot of hard work, it was hot, but it was pretty fun seeing what Filipinos jobs are. Then me and Elder Aribbay were waiting for Ivy to be done showering, she has a dirt basketball court outside her house, so we did some dunks and tried to do some cool tricks.   I have eaten some weird food this week like pig intestines, Fried Pork blood, and BALUT again. The Philippines really does have some weird food and it's different from home, but I love the food and the people. 

Sorry I can't write a lot - we have a little bit of time, but it sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun and getting new things for the house and enjoying home. I love you guys and miss you a ton, Tell the family I say Kumusta na po kayo and the ward too. Tell dad to stay safe when he travels and Emily to keep working hard in school take a family vacation when it comes to summer. 

Ay-Ayaten ka o mahal kita
Elder Francis 
P.S. Thank you for the boxes, I don't use the light because I have no bike, but it will come in handy for a flash light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment