.

.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Piddig Week 42






This week has been the best.  I have seen a lot of miracles and have seen how the gospel of Jesus Christ changes the lives of others and how the power of this gospel is the light for others to find.  In this life there are a lot of temptations and trials.

We went finding with two of our fellowshippers and we found this sister named Jonabeth Cepeda.  We started to teach her, and we asked a simple question to her "What do you want in this life".  After we asked that question she started to cry, she said that her life is really hard, her husband is never home and found a new girl and she is really struggling.  We told her how Mahal tayo ng diyos at Lahat tayo mga anak ng diyos, at Si jesucristo siya ang ating Tagapagligtas po natin, at mayroon tayong plano ng diyos para sa atin.  She said to us brothers thank you, and come back any time. I truly can see the Lord's hands in this work and how much this gospel changes lives and how much faith and fasting for others helps.

Skyler told me about Riley and I will put that into my mind and I will pray for him and fast for him always.  The Lord will help him through it.

I truly loving being a missionary and being like Grandpa Christianson and just saying hi to everyone and just having a smile on my face always. This gospel that I share with others is the true gospel today that Joseph Smith restored for us.  We can all return back unto him.  This week was the best we have had 57 lessons and went crazy.  I see how the Book of Mormon changes the lives of others.  When I hold it in my hand, people ask hey what's that, and I share my testimony about it and how I know it to be true.

Elder Farrales is amazing he always shows care for those we teach and shares examples and focuses on their needs and concerns. The language is coming, everybody that we find says grabi po brother magaling ka sa Tagalog, sinabi ako Wen. We are focusing on a family, the Benito Family, and Nanay Ayang and trying to get them to church.  Next month we should hopefully at least have 3 baptisms.  I hope.  I will just pray for it and will keep working hard and doing the Lord's work and spreading his gospel to others.

A funny story this week:  I found a baby Goat (kambing), and I  wanted to take a picture with it so I went to pick it up, and when I did it started to scream and Elder Farrales hurried and took the picture and the mom goat started to run towards us and charged at me. We've been taking a lot of pictures because I have7 more weeks here in Piddig.  I will miss this area, everyone is super nice and they all like me and I will miss them all. But I am doing great and loving this work of the lord and the power of the Atonement and how we can all be forgiven of our sins and become clean and pure.

It sounds like you guys are doing great and having fun, stay safe always.  I will always be praying for you all. Keep me updated and tell me what's happening. Keep me updated with my money and what about those quads I told you to send.  If it is too expensive send something that relates to missionary life. 

Ingat po palagi, namiss kayo lahat. 
Alam ko na Ang Ebanghelyo ni jesucristo ay totoo po siya at alam ko po na mahal tayo ng diyos at tayo mga anak ng diyos. Alam ko na si jesucristo siya ang ating tagapagligtas po natin at ilaw para sa atin din. Alam ko po na salita ng diyos ang aklat ni mormon at isa pang tipan ni jesucristo. Alam ko po na nagbayad-sala ni jesucristo para sa mga kasalanan po natin, at alam ko na Si Joseph Smith siya ang kanyang tagapaghayag at isang propeta ng diyos at siya na ipinanumbalik ang simbahan ni jesucristo ng mga banal sa mga huling araw. 

Ay-Ayaten ka at Mahal kita 
Ofa Atu 
Elder Pogi at Gwapo Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment