.

.

Friday, October 30, 2015

Batac Week 62



Maligayang Pasko or Naimbag a Pascua Francis Family,

Merry Christmas Francis family from the Philippines.  I am doing great and enjoying the life of a missionary and enjoying the happiness I see the gospel make for others and how God's plan for us is to be happy and to come back to him. 
Yesterday I gave a talk in church about the light of Christ and how he is the light of the world, without him the world would be dark, when we make wrong choices it doesn't mean we can't step towards the light and partake of the happiness and joy he has for us.  He is our light and savior and we can come unto him through reading the scriptures, attending church, partaking of the sacrament, and praying. So that's what I talked about, some people in this world need a good example or a smile, that can make them happy.  We as members of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints, we need to do our job and share the gospel or be a good example to others and they will see how much this gospel can help them and their family. 
This week has been pretty good, we found a brother named Jorge Paul and he really seemed interested in our lesson and asked a lot of good questions.  We shared with him Mosiah 16:9, about the light of Jesus Christ and how he is our light that can't be overcome by darkness, and he said that was true and how he sees the light of Christ in his life and how he can see the trials and afflictions that come to his life, when he has faith or we have faith in him, we are able to overcome our weaknesses and he will help us through our trials.
Also this week we had a lot of exchanges with Elder Miller and Elder Jison three days in a row just for fun, so I  took Elder Jison on Thursday night and we went out to Buga Monte and it is just bukids and very putik (Muddy).  We were walking through the bukids and our shoes got so muddy and it was hard to pull our shoes out of the mud and my shoe got stuck and I started to laugh because I looked back at Elder Jison and he was struggling too.  He couldn't get his shoes out of the mud and we were just laughing and saying how much we love the mission and I really do, I love the blessings that I see and how much the gospel changes the lives of others. This week will be really fun because we will be having a Halloween party on Thursday and I am really excited to see the costumes and see the games they have. But everything is going great and I am really enjoying every moment of my mission, even though it's really hot and I am tired and sometimes it's raining like crazy. I just keep pushing through and tell myself I can do it, and endure the life of a missionary. 
I love you all so much and I love hearing how much fun you guys are having and staying safe. It's true about charity that we need to love the people and see them how God sees them as our brothers and sisters and just be excited to share the gospel with them. Take care Francis Family and stay safe. 

Elder Francis 

No comments:

Post a Comment