.

.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Magapit/Cagayan Week 74






Magandang hapon
Naimbag nga malem 
Makasta nga fuggak
Good Afternoon 

Francis family - I am doing great and enjoyed this week.  I am feeling a lot better and the doctors said to just take the medicine they gave for me for dengue and continue to take it.  The dengue virus is still in my body, but I just need to take it easy when I work and keep taking the medicine. This week was a lot of fun because on Saturday morning us four missionaries me, E. Lobaton, E.Plenos, E.Monterroyo and Bro. Bhong and the YSA went to the caves up in our area in Magapit and took a lot of pictures and had a fun activity with them.  It was so much fun and a beautiful experience.  
When we got inside the cave it was so dark and you couldn't see anything not even your hand in front of your face.  I used this part in the talk  I gave on Sunday about "Latter Day Saints keep on trying".   I first asked the members to think to themselves what a saint means to them, then I read 
"A saint is a sinner that keeps on trying" .  So in this life we have trials and obstacles and things leading us away from Christ and  when we where in the cave it was dark and that's how the world is now, full of darkness and it's hard to escape it, but when we look for the light, turn towards where the light is and start heading towards it, that's when our faith starts and we start to trust in God and use Christ's atonement in our lives.  That's what I really tried to help the members understand, the Atonement of Jesus Christ is a healing of our sins and he has felt all of our problems and sins and temptations in our life. Also in the talk it said "God cares a lot more about who we are and who we are becoming than about who we once were."  So when we have that desire to change that is when we can say to ourselves that was the past life and this is a new day or a new path for me.   God loves his children and wants us to be happy in this life and wants us to return to him again someday. But that's what I talked about in my talk and we can use this always in our life.  I really loved this talk in general conference because we should never lose hope in ourselves but always look upward and forward and always put Jesus Christ in the center of our life and family and we will be happier in this life. 
But that's really what happened this last week, this week will be great and I am really excited for Saturday because we will have two baptisms and they are also excited too. I love you all so much and miss you all too. Take care always Francis family. 

Mahal ko kayo 
Elder Francis 

P.S. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD, HOW OLD ARE YOU NOW HAHAHA, JOKELANG) I WISH YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND HOPE IT WAS A GREAT ONE, FULL OF MEMORIES. LOVE YA DAD 


No comments:

Post a Comment