.

.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Magapit/Cagayan Week 75



Naimbag nga malem francis family,

This week has been great with a lot of excitement. This week we did have a baptism and I was the one to baptize the little 8 year old girl.  Her name is Cristel S.T. and she is so cute and such a sweet little girl.  When I took her hand to come down into the font she was like (grabe malamig talaga) It's cold and I laughed at her because she is this small little girl and the water was up to her neck and I am this tall American standing in the water, but it was a great experience for her and me, to see her follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized.  I love seeing her smiling face always. So that was a great experience this week for us and hopefully her mom will be getting baptized on Saturday this week, so another baptism hopefully.
But everything is going great here in Magapit.  It has been really cold lately and I have been wearing my jacket a lot more.  The area is doing great, we found 12 new investigators this last week and had 33 lessons, which has been the highest for us here in Magapit. Then hopefully in February we will have two baptisms on February 13th a little 8 year old and a 22 year old girl too. So we hope they just come to church and we will have more baptisms in February so that is exciting.

I am feeling great.  I keep taking the pills they gave me so I don't get sick anymore or have to go to the hospital again.

This week I read a talk from general conference "FAITH IS NOT BY CHANCE, BUT BY CHOICE".  By Elder Neil L. Andersen he started off his talk with this:  "I ask myself, “How does the Savior see my faith?” And tonight I ask you, “How does the Savior see your faith?” Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is not something ethereal, floating loosely in the air. Faith does not fall upon us by chance or stay with us by birthright. It is, as the scriptures say, “substance … , the evidence of things not seen.”5 Faith emits a spiritual light, and that light is discernible.6 Faith in Jesus Christ is a gift from heaven that comes as we choose to believe7 and as we seek it and hold on to it. Your faith is either growing stronger or becoming weaker. Faith is a principle of power, important not only in this life but also in our progression beyond the veil.8 By the grace of Christ, we will one day be saved through faith on His name.9 The future of your faith is not by chance, but by choice."

So I really liked where it said Your faith is either growing stronger or becoming weaker, also when he said faith in Jesus Christ is a gift from heaven that comes as we choose to believe and as we seek it and hold on to it. So I really thought about this, our faith does grow when we choose to believe in Jesus Christ and his Atonement.  When we choose to follow his commandments and do what is right that's when our faith is growing stronger, but our faith can become weaker, when we don't follow his commandments or make the right choices, also when we don't read the scriptures, pray, and attend church, we get farther from him, so we as members need to always remember to do these three things, read the scriptures and pray everyday and keep the Sabbath day holy.

So that's what I have been focusing on this week all the trials and obstacles and hard times in missionary work, just have faith and believe in him and his atonement and just remember Christ has been there before, he knows what we go through and all the trials and obstacles in our life. So that was my week, I am super excited to see what happens this week, and hopefully we will have one more baptism on Saturday. I love you all so much and miss you all too. Take care Francis Family.


Mahal ko kayo,

Elder Francis


P.S. I was wondering in my next package if you can send a lot more CTR rings for primary children like 20 plus or more than that, thank you and more lolli pops and taffy too. Also any of my favorite candy and any neck ties I have in my room at home please send to me, thank you po.

No comments:

Post a Comment