.

.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Magapit/Cagayan Week 80


 



Francis Family,

Dear Francis family -  this week has been super great having a new companion, Elder Luna.  He is super friendly, kind, obedient, and loves to talk to people and share the gospel, which I love. He really makes the lessons spiritual and makes people cry. He is from Tacloban city and a survivor of the Lando typhoon, so he has a lot of stories to tell and his testimony is super strong.  He is the only member in his family and his life was really hard after the water destroyed his home. But I love being companions with him and we are finding like crazy and just talking to everyone we see on the streets.
 This week we also had a baptism.  I was the baptizer and her name was Jonel P.  She is 19 years old and a CSU student and she was super excited for her baptism.  She gave such a beautiful testimony after her baptism about the missionaries that have shared with her, the problems that she has had in her life, and she talked about what she knows to be true.  It was a really spiritual moment for her, first time ever giving her testimony in front of the members.  Yesterday she was confirmed a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter- Day Saints, and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. So that was a good spiritual experience for me and her. 
Also this week in gospel principles class I read a scripture from Old Testament in Joshua 24:15- :And if it seen evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom we will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the lord."   So that was the scripture I read and I really took it to my self this week and thought of a quote that an apostle said to us missionaries "if we are doing the Lord's work our way or his way." So I took this scripture to my life and really thought this is the Lord's work and we are building up his kingdom, we are building up Zion and we are not alone in this work.   He is our leader and captain and we will never lose this war. 
Then taking this scripture into our families and our lives it is time to serve the Lord, choose to follow his example. keep his commandments, have faith in him until the end. That is the blessing from serving the Lord, like I have seen in my missionary life, baptisms start to come, more people want to listen to our message.  When we choose to do the Lord's work his way and not ours. Because it says in Moses 7:18- "And the lord called his people Zion, because they were of one heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them."  I love this scripture because it talks about us as missionaries and members of the church to be as one heart and one mind in the work of the Lord, to come together to do his work and miracles will start to happen. 
I love being here in Magapit we have fellowshippers everyday, that work with us and that share their testimony about the truth and what they know to be true.  It really touches the hearts of our investigators and this last week in some of our lessons I cried, because I felt the spirit teaching them, not me, the spirit is the teacher and the testifier. I have seen the investigators ponder about what we say and I see tears in their eyes and joy, because they are God's lost tupa (sheep or children) and we are here to guide them and comfort them when they are in need of comfort, .  We need to stand tall and share this gospel light to the world, to families, friends, in our actions that we do every day.  We need to be a good example to others and always look for the opportunity to serve others and the lord. That was my great week that I had and I am just enjoying my life here in the mission field and it's going by so fast.  I love you all so much and miss you all too. 

Ingat kayo palagi Francis Family, 
Mahal ko kayo
Elder Francis 

No comments:

Post a Comment