.

.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Magapit/Cagayan Week 82













Kamusta po Francis Family,

This week was really good and very spiritual for me.   I learned something, that we always need to do in our lives and that is press forward in faith. This week was full of trials like every day of the mission and how many temptations there are here in the world, also how the adversary tries to tempt me to lose my focus on this work and he tries to tell me I am not good enough, or strong enough to do this work. 


This week has been really hot and we walk at least 2 to three miles and I am really tired and feel like I want to give up, but that's when I remember to press forward through the obstacles in my life, press the doubt and fear away from me and embrace the divine qualities of faith, hope, and love. That's what I take into my work, looking at my name tag every day and thinking I am on the Lord's side and on the Lord's errand and this is his work and all he wants me to do is to do my best and give it my all. Last night we taught a member because we felt like stopping.  We saw sister Cathy outside her house and she felt sad, so we started to talk with her and asked if we could share a short message with her.  While we started to share she opened up to us and said that she is far away from her family and hasn't talked with her mom for a year and got some news that her mom just had a stroke and she feels alone all the time.  She prays and sometimes she reads the book of Mormon, so we really focused on her needs and showed our love and care for her. I read the poem you gave to me about Footprints and I shared it with her, I really love this poem, I always use this in my missionary work and I would like to share it with you and bear my testimony after. So it reads:

"One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand one belonged to him, and the other to the lord. When the last scene of his life flashed before him he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed you most you would leave me." The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you alone. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

I know this to be true we are never ever alone in this work and in our own lives. He is always there to carry us from our challenges in life and when we feel like there is no hope at all for us, never lose hope in yourselves, he is always there for you, he loves you and you are we are his children. I know that Christ lives and he was sent here to earth to die for us and he did what is father asked of him and that's what we need to do in our lives his do what the lord asks of us, to keep his commandments, serve others, love one another, read the scriptures, pray, and keep the Sabbath day holy. I have seen this in my missionary life, when I feel alone and when I struggle and want to give up and I lose hope, just remember Christ has been there before and knows all that we go through. I love my Savior and Redeemer the Lord Jesus Christ. Francis family never lose hope and never give up, the Lord loves you and he will carry you through your trials and challenges in life.  I know this is the true church and I know that God loves each and everyone of us. I love you all so much and miss you all so much too. 

Mahal po kayo at ingat kayo palagi francis family 

Elder Francis 

Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment