.

.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Laoag Week 98

















 
 
Happy 4th of July or American Day!!! 

Well this week has been really good for me and my companion and been full of good memories and miracles.  One lesson that we had this week was really spiritual with the Mamasig family.  We shared from the bible and we shared from St. Matthew chapter 19  from verses 16-22.  I really like these scriptures because we can apply them to ourselves.  In verse 16 it talks about a lawyer talking to Jesus Christ and he said what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life. Then Jesus Christ said to him in verse 17 to keep my commandments. But verse 20 is a scripture I really like when he asked "What lack I yet?" Then in verse 21 Jesus said to him if thou will be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. When the man heard these words in verse 22, it says he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. So I really liked these scriptures that we shared with them and that is a question for all of us to ask ourselves:  What must we do to have Eternal Life?   That is to live the gospel of Jesus Christ.  First to have Faith in Him, second Repentance, third is to Be Baptized, fourth is to Receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and the fifth is to Endure to the End. If we do this we can receive Eternal life, and also by keeping God's commandments. 
 
 
The question I really like is "What lack I yet?"  That is a good question to ask ourselves:  What do I need to do to become perfect or become like Christ and be able to accept the gospel into our lives. Sometimes we have great possessions like the lawyer in this story, and we need to give them up to keep God's commandments or be able to do what God wants us to do. So when we shared this with them tatay Mamasig was really open with us and said he feels like that when he doesn't pray or read that he is going further and further away from god, and especially when he doesn't attend church, he doesn't feel the spirit and he feels like it is so hard to come back because he as gone so far away. I told him that is what Satan wants us to do is to push off the easy things like reading the scriptures and play basketball or watch t.v. and when we say "ohhh I'm too tired to pray or just don't want to."  We are pushing what God wants us to do and doing what Satan wants us to do. So I told him through Christ's Atonement, which I know is real, and when we apply it to ourselves, we will never lose hope and we can come back no matter how far we left the path to lead us to Eternal life. So we as members need to do this always - live the teachings and gospel of Jesus Christ - it is the help and the light for us through the darkness of this life.  Before my mission darkness came upon me and the trials and challenges that I went through  - even still on my mission - the hard times and the times I feel hopeless and want to give up, I am grateful for the gospel that God has given to us to be happy here on earth and we can become more like him. 

So that was the cool experience I had this week and I am still just loving the Philippines and I'm trying to endure to the end and enjoy every moment I have left until I come home in August. I miss you all so much and can't wait to see you in 8 weeks like wow that will go by so fast and I can't wait to hear everything that is going with you guys. Love you all so much and take care. 

Mahal ko kayo at ingat kayo palagi 
Elder Francis 

No comments:

Post a Comment