.

.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Laoag Week 99






















Francis Family,
I am down to my last transfer or 6 weeks in the mission.   Like the mission goes by so fast I can't believe it and especially now it is time to go hard and to give it my best, because I only have 6 weeks left of being a full time missionary.  The mission life really is hard, but the memories, miracles, stories, and people and culture I have adapted too, that I don't want to leave. I love the Philippines and love the people and I i am going to miss all my friends I have made here.  I  am going to miss the culture also. I am going to enjoy these last 6 weeks I have left and remember to live each day like it is my last day in the mission field.

Well this week we had a amazing experience happen to us.  We were finding in one of our areas and we were both out of the mood, like I was thinking I want to go back home and not work and I was just mad.  My companion was mad also and not in the mood then he said to me sige der saan tayo (okay elder where are we going) and I pointed to a house and he said okay lets try it so we went up to the house Tao po and a woman came out.  We started to talk to her and she was so welcoming and said please come in and we started to talk to her and she said she has been praying and looking for the truth, so when we shared with her about the Restoration she started to cry, especially when Joseph Smith restored the gospel.  She completely understood our lesson and she said Brothers a lot of missionaries have come to my house like Catholic, Baptist, and others churches, but we are the first Mormons to come to her house and she said that our message felt different and she felt happier and she said to us I love your message.  Then we committed her to baptism and she was like okay. She wanted to be baptized that next day and we were laughing and said to her okay but we told her August 6th sister, and she is like okay.  She came to church yesterday and she had a beautiful experience and she said to us Elders I think I have found the truth and she started to cry.  I would like to testify to you that I know this is the true church and I know the Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God because I have prayed to God to know and I have received multiple answers and it said to me yes he is. Her name is C. Pascual and she is 51 years old.  So three days after my birthday we should be having a baptism. So what a cool experience.


So that is really what happened to us this week I don't have too much to say because I am close to coming home.  I have to give a talk this week in church on Go Forward in Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. So I am super excited for that and I will see how this week goes for us. I love you all so much and miss you all so much too. For my package I would like my favorite candy, also my favorite drinks, also any souvenirs.
Mahal na mahal ko kayo lahat
Ingat kayo palagi
Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment