.

.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Batac Week 58













Naimbag nga malem francis family,

This week was a lot better with Elder Tago not being sick.  We said to ourselves this week lets go out with a bang and lets work really hard  and that's what we did and the work paid off. This week we did have a lot of rain and especially last night.  We had a family home evening with Bro. Richard, and his wife Sis. Obra in the other elder's area and we watched The Best Two Years.  What a good missionary movie.  Then we ate some great food and played some really fun games.  
 
 
But the worst part was we had to walk back with no umbrellas and it is a 1 1/2 hour walk back and it was raining and dark, but we four elders walked back and we took some pictures with cows  and we crossed rivers on a little bridge made out of bamboo and I slipped so hahaha.  Then we were walking and the road was really flooded and we took off our shoes and socks and rolled up our pant legs and walked through the water which was up to our knees.  So that was really fun.  
 
 
Then the funniest thing that happened to me this week was me and Elder Tago went on splits with the members on Thursday and I got to go with Bro. Richard and we visited the Agatol family.  Nanay is a member but she has been really sick and actually passed away so it was really sad for the family.  We asked if we could share with tatay a short scripture about families, and he said yes, so we went into the room where nanay was laying and we sat in there,and tatay said to us wait brothers lets wake up nanay and have her listen or lets sit her up in the chair and we looked at him like tatay she is dead.  But the lesson was good and we shared Helaman 10:7 about families living together and told him that he will see her again.  But that's it, I taught a dead nanay and walked through rivers and slipped in and got really wet. 
 
 
I am really excited this week because we have zone conference tomorrow with the whole mission, like so exciting and ready to receive some trainings from President and Sister Andrada. But that was my week full of adventure and still loving every minute of it and I love you all and miss you all too.  Take care and can't wait to hear from you guys next week. 

mahal ko kayong lahat, 
ay-ayaten ka
Elder Francis 

P.S. I really need some new socks and I would like a Christmas tie.  I was wondering if you could send me cream soda, dr.pepper beef jerky, roasted almonds, gummy bears, candy and some souvenirs from Utah. Then I really need some money on my card again like $100.  Thank you and I love you all. Please send the drinks because they don't have those here or beef jerky either.

No comments:

Post a Comment